About Autumn Heights
The Low Rent Housing Agency of Burlington, Iowa, owns and operates AUTUMN HEIGHTS located at 2630 Winegard Drive, Burlington, IA, which consists of 194 public housing apartments for persons who are age 62 and older or persons who are disabled or handicapped.
Autumn Heights offers a beautiful campus surrounded by a single high-rise apartment building and five ranch-style apartment buildings. Stanley Tower, our 7-story high-rise building, consists of 110 one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. The main community room, coffee area, pool room, mail boxes, library, beauty shop and the office of the Housing Authority are located in Stanley Tower. Free laundry facilities are located on each floor for the convenience of all residents.
Autumn Heights also offers five ranch-style buildings with a total of 80 apartments. Each of the ranch-style buildings contain 16 apartments, a community room and free laundry facilities for the convenience of all residents.
Autumn Heights Admission Requirements
Eligible applicants are persons who are age 62 and older or disabled or handicapped as defined by the Social Security Act. The Agency does not discriminate on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital status, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability or handicap, or familial status. The Agency is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
APARTMENT FEATURES AND AMENITIES
Our apartments offer many special features and amenities for your comfort and enjoyment. All apartments contain a kitchen area with built in cherry cabinets, living room, bedroom, bathroom and three closets. Each apartment is furnished with a gas stove, refrigerator, air conditioning and drapes. Utilities are included in the rent. Cable is available at a very affordable cost.
Autumn Heights offers various sizes of apartments: We offer a smaller one-bedroom apartment, or a larger one-bedroom apartment designed for one-person occupancy. We also offer an enlarged one-bedroom apartment designed for two-person occupancy. Two-bedroom apartments are also available for two-person occupancy.
- Emergency bell located in each apartment.
- Affordable beauty shop for residents.
- Individually locked mailboxes.
- On Site Resident Assistant.
- Showers with built in seats and grab bars.
- Friendly and Responsive Maintenance Staff.
- Smoke detectors and emergency alarms in each apartment.
- After hours locked facility. Must have security key to gain access after hours.
- Congregate meals served week days in the main community room.
- Abundant parking.
- Designated polling site for voting.
- Community room and kitchen available to residents for special events.
- Large screen TV with DVD in community room.
- Library located in main community room.
- Exercise equipment located in main community room.
- Billiard room.
- Building and grounds maintenance provided year around.
- Pets Welcomed!
- Free use of automatic washers and dryers.
- City bus stops at the front door of the high rise.
- Free electric, gas, water, trash and sewer.
THE CONGREGATE MEAL PROGRAM
The Milestones Congregate Meal program at Autumn Heights is available to anyone 60 or older, including Autumn Heights residents. Meals are available on a contribution basis.
The congregate meal program is much like a family gathering together for a meal. It is a delicious place to eat, and a great place to learn about nutrition and healthy lifestyle practices. Each day we are not just feeding the body, we are feeding our natural need for socialization and friendship. Special programs are offered several times throughout the year.
Each meal is nutritionally well balanced and monthly menus will help you to better choose which days you would like to join us (and we would like to see you every day!). To make your reservation, please call Joyce between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at 319-753-2675, on the day before you plan to eat with us. We look forward to serving you.
Please fill out the form to learn more about Autumn Heights